You are not going to miss fried rice after trying this keto version.
Fried Cauliflower Rice
Servings: Approximately four
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups/500g cauliflower rice
- 1 cup/250g broccoli chopped
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup/250g bean sprouts
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (be sure to pick a gluten-free variety)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Contains dairy
- Contains eggs
- High FODMAP
Disability/ Safety Notes:
- This recipe requires open flame, boiling water and sharp objects.
- Some grocery stores sell pre-prepared frozen cauliflower rice, this can save you time and energy, plus you can store it for longer.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan or wok on medium heat.
- Brown bacon first.
- Then add rest of ingredients.
- Push these ingredients to one side of the wok and add eggs and scramble them. Alternately you can do this in a separate pot or pan, I personally like my eggs drenched in butter or ghee.
- Combine all ingredients and stir through sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Ready to serve immediately.
Fried rice is one of those recipes that you can modify as much as you like, add more eggs, use less bacon, maybe add onions or another kind of meat. So for the most part the quantities I list here are just a rough guideline, feel free to change it as you like.
I would recommend not using corn or only using a small portion as it has a very high glycemic index and load. Don’t be fooled by its low carb and calorie count, it can spike your insulin and kick you out of ketosis.