These versatile sides can be enjoyed on their own or with a sweet or savoury dish.
Servings: Approximately 3-4 crepes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp ricotta*
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1 tsp sweetener
Can be substituted with cream cheese, cottage cheese or mascarpone, each yields a unique flavour, some more savoury, some more sweet.
- Contains moderate FODMAPs (lactose)
Disability/ Safety Notes:
- Open flame (unless using electric stove).
- Otherwise this recipe was designed to be as safe and simple as possible, however if you can think of anything I’ve overlooked, please let me know.
- If cheese is fairly solid, soften in microwave first.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until consistent in texture.
- Melt butter in a pan at low/medium heat.
- Pour batter into pan, each crepe is about a 1/4 cup of batter. Tilt pan from side to side so as to spread the batter evenly. Cook until underside is golden brown, then use a spatula to flip. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding more butter to pan between crepes.
This is a recipe I use at least a few times a week, they work as a dessert with chocolate, or as a wrap for breakfast with bacon and eggs, even as a substitute for bread to dip into soup.